Sr. Process Development Engineer
Position is located in Charlestown, NH
- A Third Party Partner has been working with multiple technical groups within Vicor to develop, implement, and qualify state of the art volume plating processes for SM-ChiPs and CM-ChiPs. As these product lines continue their advancement, there are many development projects between the two partners that require daily oversight, observation, participation, and involvement.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator with deep base knowledge of PCB fabrication, copper, ENiG, and ENiPIG plating. The ability to work with two highly talented technical groups, sorting out the technical and schedule challenges, while contributing to the successful conclusion of process development and release to production.
- Monitoring, contributing, and communicating the progress of prototyping activities as they relate to the overall development process will be key areas of interest and ownership.
- Production support of released products and processes will also be required. Participation and chairing are required in regular conference calls, WebEx, and other face to face meetings with Vicor, equipment suppliers and other personnel. Accurate and timely reporting of progress and status will be a daily activity.
- Additional Experience: The development, scale up, and support new products. Demonstrated capability in SPC methods and continuous improvement. Demonstrated use of decision making and problem solving tools such as DOE, fault trees, PMFEA, and DMAC.
- Bachelor of Science or advanced degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Materials Engineering
- 5+ years relevant PCB Fabrication or plating experience
- PCB and Mechanical CAD experience
- Program Management a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application