Sr. Applications Engineer
- Design, prototype and release of reference and demonstration designs using VI Chips in power systems that meet industry specifications.
- Research, develop, and qualify a family of components for use with VI Chips for the fulfillment of customer applications.
- Investigation of new markets and applications for VI Chips, new controllers, microcontrollers, and support Integrated circuits for use with VI Chips.
- Working as part of a team in defining new business opportunities using VI Chips.
- Support the research of and use of new technologies (digital control + monitoring, etc.) with VI Chips at a system level
- Working with FAEs and customers to optimize, simulate and troubleshoot customer systems using Vicor products.
- Training FAEs on new products, system designs and methods
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, MSEE a plus
- More than 5+ years experience in Power Electronics design
- Experience in design of feedback and control systems required.
- Familiarity with simulation tools (Pspice, SIMetrix/Simplis)
- Experience using bench tools for circuit analysis (oscilloscopes, analyzers, etc.) required.
- Written and verbal communication skills a plus.
- Experience with digital power design (software + hardware) preferred.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application